Prairie Hill History
The Illinois State Highway Department in 1958 purchased and demolished the original Prairie Hill School.
In 1959, the present Prairie Hill School was opened. Five additional acres of land were purchased in 1967 and 1989, making the new campus 15.1 acres. Additions to the Prairie Hill building were completed in 1968, 1975, 1996, and 2001.
The majority of Prairie Hill School is within the boundaries of Roscoe Township, with a very small northern portion attached to the city of South Beloit. Students from Prairie Hill District #133, after promotion from eighth grade, attend Hononegah High School.
In August of 2009, Prairie Hill School District opened Willowbrook Middle School. Willowbrook houses grades 5 through 8 and PHS is home to grades Kindergarten through 4.